Taking into account the requirements of regional plastic processors, Plastivision Arabia 2018 will focus on flexible and rigid packaging, plastic raw materials and chemicals.
Flexible packaging demand in the Middle East and Africa (MEA) will expand at 5% per year over the next five years. In 2013, the MEA market flexible packaging market totals almost $4bn. Per capita consumption in the Middle East and Africa runs at only $3, compared with Europe’s US$30.
The following growth factors for flexible packaging in the MEA:
• A rapidly growing young population and increased urbanisation.
• Increased investment in food production and processing across both regions.
• Significant investments in new flexible packaging converting capacity.
• Increased availability of locally produced and competitively priced base substrates.
• Growth in modern retailing and increased penetration of pre-packed foods.